new opportunities await
Select a careers category to view available listings.
Trusts & Estates Planning/Admin Specialist
This position includes billable substantive client work and administrative support for the team, and promises substantial client contact, autonomy, and a great potential to enhance and broaden your skills/knowledge in the fields of trusts and estates planning and administration.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet and communicate directly with sophisticated clients on estate planning matters.
- Draft standard estate planning forms and other legal documents (power of attorney, wills, court petitions, resignations, etc.).
- Administer decedents’ estates, including the preparation of fiduciary accountings and estates tax returns.
- Assist in the preparation of estate and gift tax returns.
- Facilitate trust administrations.
- Prepare probate petitions, Inventories and Administration Accounts.
- Create valuation reports for securities.
- Assist with sale and transfer of assets, including real estate.
- Prepare various Probate filings and prepare attorney for court proceedings.
- Schedule and manage court filings in timely manner.
- Maintain and balance Estate & Trust checkbooks.
- Prepare Receipts and Releases in connection with distributions from an estate or trust.
- Handle practice management duties such as: file opening, conflicts checks, file management
- Handle client billing
Skills and Education Requirements:
- College degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in trusts and estates planning & administration work.
- Experience with recording billable time
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 suite, Internet research skills, document management systems, attorney time entry software.
- Ability to identify and understand issues in case and proactively assist attorneys.
- Ability to effectively set priorities, meet deadlines, multi-task and reprioritize to accommodate urgent requests.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact with attorneys, staff, clients, and external parties.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all Firm and client matters.
- Proven behavior that displays reliability and professionalism.
1650 Willow Lawn Drive
Richmond, VA 23230