new opportunities await
Select a careers category to view available listings.
A local client is hiring for a Staff Accountant in Glen Allen, VA. This person will report to the Assistant Controller and will need to be flexible with a hybrid model of work from home/office work.
Our company has an opening for a Staff Accountant. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, superior organizational skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently.
1. Assist in month-end closing
2. Account reconciliations
3. Preparation and posting of journal entries
4. General ledger account analysis
5. Preparation of internal financial reports
6. Compliance management (timely filing of annual reports, registrations, and office/firm licenses)
7. Preparation and filing of Annual Form 1099’s
8. Assist with preparation, revision, and review of annual budget process
9. Review of AP voucher general ledger coding
10. Fixed asset management (to include vehicle registration and titles)
11. Assist with insurance renewal and annual financial audits
12. Other projects, as requested
Abilities, Skills, Educational Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance required
2. Public accounting experience preferred
3. Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
4. Experience with Deltek and/or Sage software a plus
1650 Willow Lawn Drive
Richmond, VA 23230