new opportunities await
Select a careers category to view available listings.
ProspectBlue has partnered with a Richmond client that is a fast paced, growth-oriented company that is rooted in the desire to save realty and lending clients thousands of dollars in the home buying, selling, and financing processes. By combining mortgage, realty, and insurance under one roof we can provide clients an easier, less stressful experience.
The needs of our clients are our main focus and we want to be their heroes. We emphasize efficiency, transparency and championing our clients’ interests. Our success has developed from our dedication to customer service and our growing reputation for doing business the right way.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for all accounting functions and various analyses relating to entities including escrow and settlement accounts. Must comply with legal regulations, especially those relating to RESA requirements. Given interaction with other departments and individuals at all levels, the person must be an effective communicator, be organized and know how to work with deadlines. Strong computer skills including Excel is a must.
- Prepares, researches, and reconciles daily activity into and out of various balance sheets, settlement and escrow accounts
- Reviews daily cash balancing of cash and loan balances, prepares monthly account reconciliations and interacts with other departments as necessary to resolve issues
- Performs various analyses on additional balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Completes monthly and year-end closing procedures
- Participates in various audits to include external annual FS, RESA and others
- Trains and serves as a mentor to new and current employees
- Assists in the implementation of internal control procedures within the Accounting Department
The Staff Accountant must have solid knowledge of GAAP in addition to the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Tax
- CPA required or in progress
- 2-3 years of public accounting and/or industry experience preferred
- Proven professionalism, ethics and character
- Ability to deal with sensitive/confidential information
- Experience reviewing the work of others
- Thrives in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment
- Strong Microsoft Office - especially Excel skills along with ERP systems
- Competitive drive for constant improvement, team player, self-starter
1650 Willow Lawn Drive
Richmond, VA 23230