new opportunities await
Select a careers category to view available listings.
Sr. Tax Accountant
The purpose of the Sr. Tax Accountant position is to support the tax department and the multinational business through the preparation of federal, state and local corporate tax returns, accounting for income taxes under ASC740, researching federal and state tax matters, and supporting and identifying tax planning and process improvements, in alignment with the company’s vision and values.
Tax Planning and Process Improvements
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of tax issues affecting the company through CPE and identify opportunities to reduce the tax liability of the company. Support business initiatives while seeking opportunities to maximize shareholder value, reduce risk, and manage tax liability.
- Identify opportunities to simplify non-value-added processes and use technology to increase efficiency, including increasing automation of workpapers to improve tax compliance and close processes and increasing use of SAP functionality.
Accounting for Income Taxes
- Calculation of the quarterly income tax accrual under ASC 740 for domestic and certain international subsidiaries, including recording accruals in general ledger software and preparation of income tax footnotes and disclosures for SEC filings.
- Perform all job responsibilities in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls; revise and update Sarbanes-Oxley controls as needed.
Tax Compliance and Audits
- Assist the tax department in the preparation of federal, state and local income tax returns, including calculation of quarterly estimated payments and extension payments. Consolidated federal return includes approximately 9 domestic legal entities, 18 foreign subsidiaries, and over 15 foreign and domestic disregarded entities. The company operates in approximately 48 states.
- Preparation of various federal, state and local tax returns, including sales and use, property, excise and fuel tax.
- Responsible for managing multiple state audits and assisting with federal audits, including coordination and communication with auditors and internal personal to gather information necessary to respond to audit requests.
- Research and analysis of various tax issues, including income, sales and use, and property tax.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Master of Accounting or Taxation degree preferred
- CPA, preferred
- 5 years relevant work experience required
- Experience with automated accounting systems (SAP or other GL), Thomson Reuters OneSource or other tax return compliance and tax provision software, and MS Office
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of federal and state tax regulations
- Demonstrates proficiency in interpreting and applying tax law, regulations, and case law
- Demonstrates in-depth working knowledge of tax accounting practices and principles
- Demonstrates knowledge of OneSource or other tax return preparation/provision software
- Demonstrates knowledge of SAP or other ERP system
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Demonstrates ability to work in a team environment
- Able to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Able to prioritize and work well under pressure in deadline-oriented environment
- Able to work well and communicate with executive leadership positions
- Demonstrates high level of responsibility
- Able to work overtime as needed
1650 Willow Lawn Drive
Richmond, VA 23230