new opportunities await
Select a careers category to view available listings.
Senior Tax Accountant
ProspectBlue is partnered with a Richmond based power and energy company to assist with their need for a Senior Tax Accountant.
This role may prepare and/or review all assigned federal, state and/or local tax returns, tax payments, and tax accruals, in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and established policies and procedures. Prepares information for financial statements and regulatory filings. Prepares annual tax budgets and maintains actual to budget variances, as assigned. Prepares responses for internal and external audits of financial statements, regulatory filings, internal controls, and tax returns.
Researches tax, accounting, or business issues related to assigned entities or projects, and formulates and provides recommendations to management. May coordinate special projects, including analyzing tax issues in connection with acquisitions, divestures, or new business opportunities, identifying potential tax opportunities, and analyzing the impact of new or proposed tax laws and/or interpretations.
Assists in training of co-workers and dissemination of new or emerging issues or information. Recommends changes to information gathering and tax filing processes.
At least 5 years of accounting experience or 4+ years of public accounting or corporate tax department accounting experience or related experience. Note: A Master's degree will count as one year of experience. A partial year of six months or more of experience will be rounded up to one year.
Additional knowledge, skills, abilities and experience include:
- A combination of knowledge developed through formal education and practical experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of concepts regarding tax laws and tax accounting practices and procedures
- Knowledge of tax research methods with ability to interpret tax laws, to prepare general tax research memorandums, and to formulate recommendations for management
- Ability to research issues and to formulate and develop recommendations for management
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with ERP software
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide technical assistance and training to others
- Ability to prioritize and to manage time well
- Attention to detail and demonstrated active listening skills
- Ability to provide critical feedback and peer review of assigned work tasks
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined below.
- Military service members and veterans with ranks from E5-E9, W1-CW5, or O3-O6, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience as outlined above.
Education Level: Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelor or Master
Preferred Disciplines: Accounting, Economics, Finance
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
At this time, our client cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
1650 Willow Lawn Drive
Richmond, VA 23230