new opportunities await
Select a careers category to view available listings.
Senior Manager, Technical Accounting & Consolidations
This position reports to the Assistant Controller and is responsible for U.S. GAAP technical research, advising senior management of alternatives, strategies, and pitfalls of various accounting matters, preparing accounting documentation related to areas such as share-based compensation, derivatives, foreign currency matters, business combinations, earnings per share, consolidation matters, fair value measurements, intercompany transactions and other issues. This position also supports the monthly accounting close and consolidation as well as internal and external financial reporting, including quarterly and annual filings with the SEC. This position works closely with the operating units on accounting issues and provides appropriate levels of service to corporate departments such as Tax, Treasury, FP&A, Legal and Investor Relations related to their information requests.
• Perform technical accounting research and prepare documentation of accounting positions and conclusions.
• Provide accounting guidance and analytical support to senior management, operating unit accounting staff, functional departments, and external auditors.
• Prepare and review workpapers to support The Company’s SEC filings (10-Ks, 10-Qs and Earnings Releases). Perform detailed review of external reporting to ensure compliance with GAAP.
• Assist with monthly accounting close, including preparation and/or review of supporting documentation for journal entries.
• Prepare and review memos and supporting schedules for business acquisitions and divestitures, including working directly with operating unit accounting and finance teams, 3rd party valuation specialists and external auditors
• Manage other highly technical accounting and reporting areas, as needed, such as share-based compensation, derivatives, foreign currency matters, earnings per share, consolidation and fair value measurements.
• Review account reconciliations on a monthly basis by deadline.
• Assist with special projects on an as needed basis.
• Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Accounting.
• 7 - 10 years of experience in public accounting/publicly traded company.
• Intermediate proficiency level in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with an ERP system and a financial reporting/consolidation system similar to Oracle.
• CPA certified or Master’s degree in accounting a plus.
• More than 8 years of experience in public accounting (Big 4 preferred)/publicly traded company.
• Experience with SEC filings of international companies
• Oracle Financials.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
• Experience with SEC filings, resolving technical accounting issues, month-end accounting close and financial statement analysis.
• Experience working with a fully integrated accounting system preferred.
• Experience with general ledgers and reporting chart of accounts, account reconciliations and internal financial reporting.
• Experience with Shared Services
1650 Willow Lawn Drive
Richmond, VA 23230