new opportunities await
Select a careers category to view available listings.
A global leader in the plastic films and aluminum extrusion industries. Recognized for a wide range of capabilities in polyethylene, polypropylene, elastics and polyester films in addition to custom aluminum extrusions for multiple end-use markets including building and construction, automotive, consumer durables, machinery and equipment and electrical and distribution markets. With a global footprint and local supply capabilities, we support the demand for films applications in diverse end-use markets, including electronic display, & food packaging. With strategically located global operations and a culture focused on innovative research and development.
The Senior Accountant, General Ledger & Financial Reporting (“Senior Accountant”) is one of the leading professional members of the Accounting and Consolidations Group in support of the PE Films and Corporate divisions.This position works cooperatively within a team to deliver accurate and timely financial information and business insights to the management teams of business units within PE Films, department financial reporting for Corporate, and prepares the PE Films division consolidation and Tredegar Corporate consolidation while providing support to the internal and external financial reporting processes. The Senior Accountant acts as the subject matter expert in matters related to general ledger account setup and structure, establishing automatic accounting instructions (AAI’s), and maintaining cost allocations within the ERP. Preparation and review of account reconciliations and analysis needed to ensure the integrity and accuracy of financial information is a critical and substantial portion of the responsibilities in this role including identification of routine and non-standard reclassifications. The position is also responsible for providing oversight of the Specialist, Senior - Accounts Payable role, including supporting remediation of issues in the payables and procurement processes. As a senior member of the Accounting and Consolidations Group, The Senior Accountant is expected to exhibit professionalism, competence and teamwork in all of its interactions both within the team and with external parties.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Primarily responsible for general ledger accounting functions including the following:
· Setup and validation of new general ledger accounts, cost centers and automatic accounting instructions (AAI’s).
· Maintain index computations and confirm allocations made in ERP system are appropriate and consistent with plan.
· Prepare complex or significant account reconciliations, review routine reconciliations prepared by other staff or site personnel and conduct account analysis needed to ensure accurate and complete financial statements.
· Prepare analysis and supporting documentation for recurring entries and confirm that recurring entries are recorded into the appropriate period for the correct amount.
· Perform assigned accounting processes on time and without reminder including the processing journal entries, analysis of assigned accounts and recording adjusting entries as required to reconcile recorded balances.
· Coordination of various accounting activities and processes with plant accounting team members.
· Completion of account analysis and support for business unit finance team members and other team members, including support for planning and forecasting activities.
· Oversee identification, implementation and compliance with internal control requirements for the global organization.
Responsible for preparing closing and consolidation entries and loading financial information from JD Edwards to other reporting systems.
Qualifications & Skills:
· Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
· Desired: CPA, MAcc, MS, or MBA.
5+ years accounting experience in corporate, or public accounting environment.
Manufacturing, international and consolidation experience. Large ERP System Experience (JD Edwards preferred) and Management reporting experience.
1650 Willow Lawn Drive
Richmond, VA 23230