new opportunities await
Select a careers category to view available listings.
SUMMARY: Oversees accounting and reporting, general ledger reconciliation, and accounting policy development; computes and prepares data for journal entries, general ledger, and related financial statements; oversees all accounting functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with accurate and timely month-end close and preparation of financial statements.
- Preparation of general ledger journal entries.
- Oversees company credit card spending and the posting of expenditures to the general ledger.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Oversees monthly balance sheet reconciliation.
- Reviews AP checks against invoices and receiving paperwork.
- Reconcile and file monthly sales and use tax.
- Oversee personal property spending and filing annual reports.
- Prepares weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting and analyses for the controller and other members of management.
- Develops reporting and variance analysis regarding departmental spending and labor usage.
- Assists in adoption of new accounting standards including but not limited to researching standard, preparing written accounting policy for company, and preparing new disclosures.
- Assists with policy development and offer advice regarding accounting and internal control issues, reporting needs, and policy review and changes.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in accounting or finance.
· MBA or CPA preferred.
· 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience.
· Ability to work with all levels of management.
· Strong verbal and written communication.
· Ability to multi-task and work within constantly changing environment.
· Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
· Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Knowledge of administrative procedures and systems.
· Proficient in Excel and Accounting software.
· Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis and evaluation.
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
1650 Willow Lawn Drive
Richmond, VA 23230