new opportunities await
Select a careers category to view available listings.
This position will be in Clifton Forge, VA.
The Field Registration position provides professional, efficient service by registering the patient, reviewing and collecting patient insurance (If required) verifying patient demographic information and printing and labeling materials needed for specimen collection. This customer facing position requires the ability to work with the public in a professional and sensitive manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Greets and directs patients to maintain efficient patient and information flow
· Ensures that accurate patient information is collected
· Verify insurance information (when required)
· Printing and scanning insurance cards (when required) and labels for specimen collection
· Complete Lab order form and enclose in testing bag
· Addresses patient questions
· Maintains the cleanliness of the registration area
· On occasion, manages supplies and stocks designated areas
· Other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required
· Basic understanding of computers and label printers
· Experience in navigating Microsoft Excel software
- Previous Medical Office or Insurance experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate with patients to accurately register them into the database
- Ability to portray a polished professional appearance and demeanor
- Must comply with HIPAA confidentiality standards when assessing or communicating patient information
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment this position operates is in a health care setting. This role routinely comes into contact with patients who may have contagious illnesses. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low-moderate.
This position is subject to a 90-day introductory period in which the employer will evaluate the skills, talents, and abilities of the new employee.
1650 Willow Lawn Drive
Richmond, VA 23230