new opportunities await
Select a careers category to view available listings.
Marketing and Communications Manager
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing and branding marketing materials for individual attorneys, practice groups and firmwide initiatives.
- Edit and update website content, including firm news and updates, attorney biographies and practice descriptions.
- Create and distribute internal and external email campaigns, including regular newsletters.
- Coordinate with attorneys and administration to gather relevant content.
- Distribute appropriate content to clients in a timely manner.
- Coordinate attorney seminars/webinars, sponsorships, and client events.
- Manage invitations, contact databases, facilities, event materials, necessary technology, day-of assistance and catering.
- Design/oversee firm advertising, including digital and print ads and maintaining stock photography and text elements in a central location.
- Maintain firm logo and act as Brand Steward, overseeing use of firm image and language.
- Manage the firm’s social media presence, including maintaining the social media content calendar, planning appropriate postings and promoting news posts.
- Work closely with vendors to manage SEO, SEM, digital assets, attorney photography, print materials, website enhancements and all advertisements.
- Assist in coordination of firmwide Literacy Initiative.
- Assist in development of annual holiday e-Card campaign and distribution to clients.
- Distribute press releases to appropriate media outlets for events and news firmwide.
- Order firm marketing and promotional specialty items.
- Maintain firm’s directory listings.
- Assist in invoicing, vendor payments and marketing budget.
- Work with other marketing team members to assign/manage all tasks in Hive project management software.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Education Requirements:
- 4-year college degree, communications discipline (graphic arts, multi-media, advertising, journalism, marketing communications, public relations) or equivalent training, background and experience.
- Minimum two years of work experience, preference given to work in legal industry.
- Excellent communication and computer skills. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Word Press, Canva, and Concep Send (or equivalent email marketing system) required. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, CRM system, Sprout Social, Hive, copywriting and copyediting, Zoom and Microsoft Teams highly preferred.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work well with attorneys, staff and vendors. Ability to interact professionally with clients and potential clients in event settings.
1650 Willow Lawn Drive
Richmond, VA 23230