new opportunities await
Select a careers category to view available listings.
Lead Tax Accountant
This role may be responsible for the coordination, preparation and/or review of assigned federal, state and/or local tax returns, tax payments, and tax accruals, in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and established policies and procedures.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepares information for financial statements and regulatory filings.
- May coordinate preparation of annual tax budgets and maintain actual to budget variances, as assigned.
- Coordinates responses for internal and external audits of financial statements, regulatory filings, internal controls, and tax returns.
- Researches tax, accounting, or business issues related to assigned entities or projects, formulates, and provides recommendations to management.
- May allocate and plan various work assignments and/or projects, providing guidance where necessary.
- Problem solve, and ensure that the department meets its operational deadlines.
- May provide leadership on projects, including analyzing tax issues in connection with acquisitions, divestures, or new business opportunities; identifying potential tax opportunities; and analyzing the impact of new or proposed tax laws and/or interpretations.
- May coordinate with management in training of co-workers and dissemination of new or emerging issues or information.
- Reviews current processes and recommends and implements changes to procedures and processes.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
7 years experience in tax accounting, tax laws and general accounting practices and procedures and/or related experience, 6 years public accounting experience.
Other knowledge, skills, abilities and experience include:
- Knowledge of tax research methods with ability to interpret tax laws, prepare general tax research memorandums, and formulate recommendations for management.
- Ability to research complex issues, formulate and develop recommendations to management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with ERP software
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to coordinate the completion of multiple work assignments and/or projects, provide guidance where necessary, problem solve, and ensure that the project team meets it operational deadlines.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and training to others.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to motivate team members towards completion of work assignments.
- Ability to provide critical feedback and peer reviews for assigned work tasks.
- The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined below.
- Military service members and veterans with ranks from E5-E9, W1-CW5, or O3-O6, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience as outlined (above)
Education Level: Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelor or Master
Preferred Disciplines: Tax, Accounting,Finance, Business
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
At this time, our client cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
1650 Willow Lawn Drive
Richmond, VA 23230