new opportunities await
Select a careers category to view available listings.
Lead Accountant (Technical Accounting and Special Projects)
ProspectBlue is partnered with a Richmond based power and energy company to assist with their need for a Lead Accountant - Technical Accounting & Special Projects. Looking for a candidate who can provide accounting research expertise!
This highly visible role will lead technical accounting research and support for significant projects and business transactions as well as Corporate functions. Duties include the following:
- Serve as a key point of contact and provide leadership through functional advice, guidance and expertise for various departments throughout the company specific to Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Business Development, Corporate Finance, and others.
- Lead special project teams and provide technical accounting support as a subject matter expert (SME) to cross-functional teams on various business transactions and complex accounting matters involving revenue recognition, leases, business combinations, and regulatory accounting among other topics.
- Research technical accounting matters and document the Company’s position on complex transactions.
- Communicate complex accounting concepts to senior management, standard-setting and/or regulatory organizations.
- Research, document and coordinate implementation of new accounting standards.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing disclosures in SEC Filings (e.g., Forms 10-K, 10-Q, etc.).
- Independently and effectively interact with internal and external customers.
- Work with external auditors on various accounting matters and projects.
Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
The knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences that are required for entry into this job include the following:
- 7+ years of general accounting experience or 5+ years of experience working in public accounting; Public Accounting experience preferred. (Note: A Master's degree will count as one year of experience. A partial year of experience of six months or more will be rounded up to one year.)
- CPA strongly preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), practices and procedures; Experience researching technical accounting matters strongly preferred
- Excellent computer skills including Excel
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated leadership, sound judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined above.
- Military service members and veterans with ranks from E5-E9, W1-CW5, or O3-O6, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience are encouraged to apply.
Education Level: Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelor or Master
Disciplines: Preferred: Accounting, Business, Finance
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Preferred: Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
At this time, our client cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
1650 Willow Lawn Drive
Richmond, VA 23230