new opportunities await
Select a careers category to view available listings.
The Human Resources (HR) Manager is a newly created position and will be an integral member of the Team. The HR Manager performs professional level human resources work and carries out responsibilities in one or more functional areas, such as, payroll and benefit administration, employee relations, compensation, staffing, training, employment, labor relations, safety, affirmative action and employment equity programs, and personnel research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s HR strategy.
• Administers payroll, health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll, 401k, and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
• Performs customer service functions by answering internal and external HR related requests and questions.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintains the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records and compiles reports from database.
• Reconciles benefits statements.
• Conducts audits of payroll, benefits and other HR programs and recommends corrective actions.
• Supports the functional areas of human resources including, but not limited to, payroll, benefits administration, recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee and/or labor relations, training, AA/EEO, labor relations, safety, FMLA/leave administration, investigations and special projects.
• Supports the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants.
• Assists with the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures through employee booklets, communications, and/or meetings.
• Creates periodic reports and other records and performs general administrative duties.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
• Ability to write professional business reports and correspondence.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to work independently as needed; conduct research and evaluate data to make informed decisions; apply common sense or sound judgement with a high degree of due diligence and care to solve problems effectively.
• Provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co- workers.
• Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data.
• Accurate interpretation of information and direction received from customers and internal departments.
• Accurate and timely completion of projects and/or reports.
• Effectively manage interpersonal relationships encouraging openness, candor and trust, both internally and externally.
• Cultural champion that leads by a positive example.
• Initiative and creative forward thinking in decision-making, problem resolution and in the performance of job duties.
• Successful performance of duties with frequent interruptions and time pressures.
• Successful performance of duties within a team environment.
• Maintenance of Company information in a confidential manner.
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field and 5+ years related experience and/or training; required.
• Knowledge of employment law practices.
• Experience in administration of benefits, compensation, and other programs.
• Knowledge of Internet software, Microsoft Excel, Word Processing, and Power Point.
• Experience and knowledge of HRIS, preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
• High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• High degree of proficiency with MS Office software, especially Excel, Outlook and Word.
Mental and Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is required to:
• Maintain sustained concentration with constant time pressures and frequent interruptions.
• Frequently talk and hear.
• Frequently sit and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
• Use hands to grasp, handle or feel.
• Reach with hands and arms.
• Occasionally walk, stoop, climb, kneel, or crouch.
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Use close vision, distance vision, color vision and adjust focus.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience of MS applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel; HRIS; Recruiting Software; other similar HR platforms. Prepare spreadsheets and create reports as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is located in an office environment with controlled climate settings and low noise levels. The employee may occasionally be exposed to a production environment with loud noise levels and companion animal receiving veterinary care.
1650 Willow Lawn Drive
Richmond, VA 23230