new opportunities await
Select a careers category to view available listings.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt, nonexempt, and temporary workers: writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; coordinates and oversees new employee orientations.
- Implements and annually updates the performance management process and compensation program. Rewrites job descriptions as necessary. Conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool for bonuses. Monitors and develops career-path programs.
- Facilitates the development and maintenance of the company’s culture to sustain a collegial and team-oriented atmosphere.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws. Conducts periodic audits of human resource activities to ensure compliance with laws, policies, and procedures.
- Develops, revises, recommends, and implements HR policies and procedures. Prepares and maintains the Employee Handbook.
- Manages all aspects of health insurance and related benefits programs to include carrier interactions, broker relationships, and full regulatory compliance. Manages open enrollment for cost-effectiveness and optimum arrangements.
- Participates in employee relations counseling and coaching, and may respond to issues such as employee complaints and harassment allegations with assistance of legal.
- Assists with the development of HR metrics and reporting. Conducts exit interviews, analyzes HR data, and makes recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Assists with the development and implementation of training sessions.
- Performs additional responsibilities related to the success of the organization.
Key Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree.
- Current HR certified (e.g., SHRM-S/CP or HRCI S/PHR) or ability to obtain within 18 months of hire.
- Minimum of ten years varied Human Resources experience with progressive responsibility.
- Effectively uses discretion and independent judgment without supervision.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capability to work effectively with a variety of people and departments.
- Maintains strict adherence to the organization’s policy on confidentiality in all matters and other business information about the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities
1650 Willow Lawn Drive
Richmond, VA 23230