new opportunities await
Select a careers category to view available listings.
ProspectBlue is partnered with a client in Roanoke, VA that is needing an HR Assistant to join their team and support the HR Director and CFO. Looking for an individual with accounting knowledge, HR background, strong attention to detail, and great oral and written communication.
Human Resource Assistant (Full-time FLSA - Exempt)
Provide administrative support to the Human Resources department. Responsibilities include new hire onboarding, workers compensation, creating and maintaining spreadsheets and day-to-day service for Company employees. Must be well organized and detail oriented.
Essential Job Functions
• Provide support in functional areas of Human Resources, including, but not limited to benefit administration, leave of absence administration, communication, employee relations, training, and special projects, in order to ensure compliance with policies and procedures as well as state and federal regulations.
• Pre-screen applicants over the phone and setting up interviews. Applicant tracking for Company’s Affirmative Action Plan.
• Serve as a communication liaison for those individuals involved with the hiring process. Assist with the onboarding process.
• Provide data entry in HRIS and related systems.
• Maintain personnel information files.
• Maintains attendance records for all employees.
• Assist in the coordination and administration of employee benefit plans.
• Work with insurance vendors and employees to correct or facilitate any problems or questions with benefits.
• Responsible for reconciling the monthly billings for medical, dental and vision to payroll and related systems.
• Assist with the scheduling and tracking of MSHA, OSHA and other training.
• Davis Bacon/ certified payroll reporting weekly.
• Assist with annual compliance for 401k and ESOP plans.
• Perform additional assignments as required.
Educational and experience requirements: Associates degree in Human Resources or business, or equivalent combinations of training/experience. Basic understanding of
construction technology. Ability to develop spreadsheets with intermediate MS Office ability. Strong organizational skills. Integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Other Skills and Abilities: Effective time management is critical, must be able to meet deadlines. Good written and oral communication skills with ability to convey information effectively.
Physical Requirements: Requires frequent standing, walking, sitting, talking, and hearing. Occasionally may require lifting boxes of files and office supplies typically 10 pounds or less.
Work Environment: Standard office environment.
Position reports to Chief Financial Officer
1650 Willow Lawn Drive
Richmond, VA 23230