new opportunities await
Select a careers category to view available listings.
Corporate Junior Associate
Seeking a junior associate to our client's corporate and securities practice. The ideal candidate will have a strong academic record, exceptional analytical writing skills, and a desire to seize opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
· Analyze and advise senior attorneys and clients regarding corporate and securities law and related matters
· Draft all manner of corporate governance documents, including articles of incorporation, bylaw, partnership agreements and limited liability company agreements
· Analyze and advise on all aspects for federal and state securities law, including drafting offering and compliance documents under the Securities Act of 1933, Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and other federal and state securities laws
· Advise regarding public and private company corporate governance, including organizing and documenting Board, stockholder and committee meetings
· Review, analyze and prepare various business and securities agreements including joint venture agreements, services agreements, teaming agreements and underwriting or broker-dealer agreements
· Assist senior attorneys with the structuring, negotiation and documentation of mergers and acquisitions transactions
· Research issues of corporate and securities law and draft advisory memoranda for clients and senior attorneys regarding same
· Assist senior attorneys in other departments as needed
Education and Experience: 1-3 years of relevant practice experience with either a law firm or corporate legal department. Candidates must possess strong academic credentials as well as demonstrated organization, writing and communication skills, and an enthusiasm for working with a team. Preference will be given to candidates with relevant experience regarding public and private securities offerings and compliance.
Skills and Ability:
Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; exercise independent judgment; coordinate a variety of projects simultaneously; meet deadlines; analyze difficult and novel questions; and seek solutions.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
VA Bar is preferred but not a requirement for hire. Need to be willing to sit for it if requested as client may determine at a later date that it is needed.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
1650 Willow Lawn Drive
Richmond, VA 23230