new opportunities await
Select a careers category to view available listings.
The Corporate Accountant has direct responsibility for a wide variety of fiscal and related administrative functions for the Company. The Corporate Accountant will have a CPA and at least 5 years of corporate accounting and grants management experience.
- Financial management, including financial planning and analysis, budgeting and accounting.
- Financial reporting and auditing.
- Prepare and compile documentation for award opportunities such as Just–In-Time (JIT) requests and federal award closeouts.
- Managing budgets for each individual funded project, performing drawdowns as appropriate.
- Liaise with various key contacts from external sources to facilitate the application review and grants management processes.
- Manage project budgets and administer and track fund withdrawals.
- Prepare and file FFR reports for grant awards within specified deadlines.
- Maintain time tracking for company employees for all applicable projects.
- Administer corporate payroll.
- Implement and manage employee health benefits.
- Implement and manage employee retirement benefits.
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records for all active Federal awards, reconcile bank and credit accounts.
- Monitor accounts payable and accounts receivable balances.
- Managing general procurement and travel.
- Process payments for outstanding liabilities.
- Provide follow up on receivables as needed.
- Assist with revenue forecasting.
- Monitor corporate insurance policies to ensure there are no lapses in coverage. Renew and apply for insurance policies as necessary.
- Financial policy and procedure development and management.
- Prepare bi-weekly financial reports to monitor grant status and activities.
- Prepare 1099’s and W2’s for company employees and contractors as required.
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts and close the books.
- Prepare Journal Entries and liaise with corporate tax team for year end tax filings.
- Assist in employee onboarding, hiring, training and management of employee benefit eligibility and execution.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all company deliberations and plans.
- Team player, engendering credibility and confidence within and outside the company.
- Faithfully performs any other tasks requested by the executive leadership.
- Act in accordance with Company’s policies and in alignment with the corporate culture.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor's (Required)
- One location
1650 Willow Lawn Drive
Richmond, VA 23230