new opportunities await
Select a careers category to view available listings.
• Responsible for overseeing the controller function of the overall organization.
• Responsible for directing the accounting function, maintaining fiscal records, establishing and maintaining budgetary controls and procedures, financial infrastructure, and preparing financial
reports for the organization in compliance with the company’s reporting requirements and
• Works with CFO to oversee budgets and cost controls, financial analysis, accounting practices and reports.
• Analyzes and interprets financial data and recommends changes to improve systems and financial performance.
• The Controller with collaborate with the director of financial reporting to help manage the activities of the management information systems function.
• Supports month-end and year-end close process.
• Supports payroll and benefits functions.
• Coordinates the preparation quarterly and annual filings (forms 10K and 10Q).
• Ensures quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
• Manages and complies with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
• Develops and documents business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Coordinates SOX documentation.
• Oversees and manages the quarterly and annual external audit process.
• Develops and implements effective systems, accounting policies and financial controls which maintain the integrity of all financial transactions and reporting of the Company.
• Oversees and directs the execution of cash management, banking transactions and support the
Company's annual insurance renewal process.
• Supports the implements and operationalizes new accounting standard, R&D collaborations, and various complex business transactions.
• Oversees disbursement activities, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable and employee expense reports.
• Oversees revenue recognition and billing activities to ensure proper revenue recognition and accurate and timely invoicing.
• Ensures the Company maintains regulatory and U.S. GAAP compliance with all corporate income, tax requirements.
• Collaborates with the finance team to build, develop and help manage a team of accounting professional capable of driving successful business decisions.
• Establishes and maintains strong business partnerships with key counterparts including, FP&A, procurement, and accounts payable.
• Identifies, develops and mentors staff within the finance division.
• Maintains the strictest confidentiality of all activities.
• Team player, engendering credibility and confidence within and outside the company.
• Faithfully performs any other tasks requested directly by the Chairman, President & CEO.
• Act in accordance with company policies and in complete alignment with the Corporate Culture.
1650 Willow Lawn Drive
Richmond, VA 23230