new opportunities await
Select a careers category to view available listings.
ProspectBlue is partnering with a developer, owner and operator of healthcare real estate, operating in several states seeking to add an AP Specialist to their team!
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be expected to support the Accounting Team in the day-to-day execution of accounts payable and other accounting duties. In addition, the Accounts Payable Specialist will be exposed to the entirety of the monthly accounting and property management cycles. Whenever possible, the Accounts Payable Specialist should strive to perform a task as completely as possible, with a goal of fully taking the complete task off-of-the “plate” of the delegating management team member – expecting, at most, management’s review and approval. This ownership-mentality mindset should be based in an assumption that the Accounts Payable Specialist might have to present, explain, and defend the work product to our client – and that the client’s response to the timeliness, quality, thoroughness, format, and conclusions of the employee’s work product will form his or her impressions of Anchor Health Properties.
Job Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensure proper coding to include vendor selection, entity recognition, total value accuracy, and period/date reasonableness for 1,500+ invoices per month for over 100 separately managed properties.
- Ensure proper documentation trail, including the acquisition and proper filing of W9 forms for new vendors.
- Assist in the year-end 1099 generation process.
- Collaborate with Vendors and Property Mangers in day-to-day payables administration.
- Ensure proper audit trail and supporting documentation have been filed.
- Develop Yardi Voyager and Avid expertise with day-to-day knowledge of systems analytics, inputs, tools, methods, and processes necessary to successfully input and manage commercial real estate.
- Conduct assigned research projects.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced work environment while managing conflicting priorities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational skills, an energetic work-ethic, and the ability to accurately manage and prioritize between multiple tasks.
- Must identify as a “teachable” employee and have an adaptive, “can-do” attitude.
- Demonstrate professional correspondence etiquette, strong interpersonal skills, and take “ownership”/pride in work deliverables.
- Must have strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Programs, specifically Excel.
- Must be eager to learn and grow, both personally and professionally.
- Must be able to work in an extremely fast-paced environment while managing conflicting priorities.
Education and Experience:
- An associate degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance preferred. Comparable experience or education will be considered.
- Prior real estate or corporate finance/accounting is a plus.
- Prior experience with 1099 generation is preferred.
- Specific experience with Yardi Voyager is a plus.
- Specific experience with AvidXchange, Nexus, or a comparable automated bill payment software is a plus.
1650 Willow Lawn Drive
Richmond, VA 23230